Hi dearies! Before anything else, I would like to apologize for being MIA because I'm dealing with personal matters with my family. I'm still alive and kicking! May God always guide me and give me strength in all the obstacles I'm going through.
Sorry for being a bit emo here. Let's start the review! I'm a bit hesitant if I will make a comprehensive review on this body scrub. I'm sure you can read a lot of good reviews on this product. This product is highly rave in different forums and regarded as one of beauty must haves. This is not my first time using this body scrub. I already tried the first Asian Secrets Lulur in green tub. I can't say that it's not effective since I'm not using it religiously. So when I saw this new variant of Asian Secrets Lulur Body Scrub at Watson's, I read the label and saw the ingredients like Licorice and Mulberry Leaf Extract. These two ingredients made me gave this product another try.
price: 130 php (Around $3.00)
place bought: Watson's Health and Beauty Store, Sm Fairview
instruction for use: Scrub all over your skin especially the dark areas while it is dry to remove the impurities, dead skin and dirt. Rinse with water.
ingredients: Aqua (Water), Polyethylene, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, Mineral Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Glycyrrhiza glabra (Licorice) Extract, Butylene Glycol, Arctostaphylos uva ursi Leaf Extract, Citrus Medica limonum (Lemon) Extract, Morus Alba (Mulberry) Leaf Extract, Glycol Stearate SE, Lanolin Anhydrous, Triethanolamine, Allantoin, Dimethicone, Fragrance, Carbomer, Titanium Dioxide, Methyparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Butylparaben.
|Asian Secrets Lulur Whitening Indonesian Body Scrub|
Texture is creamy and pasty. Looks like white marshmallow icing
What I like:
- The scent- smells like Jasmine but light and not overpowering. The smell of this variant is a bit lighter than the green variant.
- The beads are fine so it's gentle in exfoliating.
- It's cheap! A tub lasts me more than a month. I exfoliate using this once a week.
- It's creamy and moisturizes my skin. I can see a "glow" after using this.
- Keeps my skin tone even after prolong exposure to sun.
- There's a batch, manufacture and expiration date printed at the bottom of the tub.
- Hypo-allergenic and dermatologically tested.
What I don't like:
- The packaging! It is unsanitary to dip your fingers inside the tub.
Will I repurchase? Yes!
I can use this alternately with my A Bonne body scrub I always purchase a new tub before I ran out of this. This is my HG now!!!
I give this a 4.75/5 rating.
I think this can be a HG material My HG product when it comes to gentle body scrubs. To avoid contamination of the product, always use a spatula when getting it from the tub. To maximize the whitening effect of the product, leave it for 10-15 minutes before rinsing.
Have you tried Asian Secrets Lulur Whitening Indonesian Body Scrub? What variant do you like? Thanks for sharing. Have a great day ahead!